how quickly can I book an exam

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Basically I was meant to get time off work which I planned to use to study for the MTA 98-349 exam... well doesn't look like its going to happen which means the study time limit I gave myself is going to have a big decrease, im either going to have to wait longer to do the exam which is the worst case scenario for me as I'm in the zone now and feel like I will let myself slide due to getting swept up with work. I could work exceptionaly hard revising for full days on my two days off but that would be halfassed and a struggle. My question is... say I wanted to book the exam tomorrow (hypotheticaly speaking) could I? Or is there a certain number of days I have to wait? I want to do it roughly around 9th July but as I just can't put a signature on that being the specific date Im in abit of a pickle. Any knowledge you have of how the booking works would be great. Ive got my study materials and looked at the exam objectives and believe I can do it within 30hrs of study (I could do it in less but 30 is a safety blanket) I just really need booking flexibility.

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Why not find out if your local testing center does exams on a Saturday? I know some do but not all of them are able to offer that as a service.

As far as exams are concerned, you generally need a couple of days notice, you may be lucky and getting a next day booking but if I am honest with you it's going to have to mean that the testing center isn't fully booked up (not usually the case for most of the ones I know of).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the reply after finally being able to access the website which for some reason has never worked on my computer (???) I can see that they only do testing on certain days of the week so I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and have a restless two weeks of juggling revision around my busy schedule not even sure its doable as I work nights but I'll make it happen somehow, Cheers.