How old is everyone here? Also what certs? eduation? work experience in IT they have?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by coolc, Feb 5, 2011.

1. zet

zet Byte Poster

lmao, honestly I detect 3 trolls on this forum. So sad :(

Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCPD x2, MCTS x6, MCITP x2, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, CITP, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, Project+
    Education: BSc. (Hons) Computer Science, HND Computing Distinction, OU Certificate Mathematics
    Experience: Officially working in IT since 1995; Personally since I got my Amiga 500 in 1988, and later the infamous Pentium 66 in 1993. I'm ignoring mucking around with my Commodore 64 prior to this in 1985.

The official progression would be go something like:

Junior Software Developer
    Software Engineer
    Senior Software Engineer
    Software Architect
    IT Consultant

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  3. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Mine would be:
    Certs: See signature
    Education: A levels, currently doing an online MBA entry diploma (don't have a degree to go straight into MBA)
    Experience: Coming up to 10 years
    Job Progression:

Systems administrator (skipped 1st line due to getting an apprenticeship with EDS)
    Training consultant
    Senior systems admin
    Infrastructure coordinator/Senior systems admin
    Infrastructure project manager

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  4. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

hey why the heck you blinked? have you seen a ghost? :cry:

Certifications: CCNA
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Jesus, give it a rest.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

lol this is getting stupid.

Is it just me or what A senior engineer with the CCNA doesn't know what a router is? Am I actually going crazy as a phsyc report once said I would :blink:cry::eek:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

Senior Engineer yes. But, not in business side. Moreover, how can you get a result that i do not know what
    a router is? :twisted:

Then, send me out the system hardware on your signature if you are not wasting time to play videogames.

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Kobem, how can you be a "senior engineer" when you've never worked in IT? Getting a certification and a degree doesn't make you a "senior engineer".

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

sorry but, did i say "network engineer, system engineer" or anything like that?

Senior Engineer is equal to people who had been educated then(after graduation) mastered in a specific field
    if his branch is Computer Engineering. I repeat "not in business side"

10. greenbrucelee

why would I want to send you my hardware?

You cant be a senior engineer unless you have actually had experience of doing so the CCNA does not mean you are a senior engineer it just means you are CCNA certified and if you dont start listening to people in the next couple of years then your ccna will have expired. You do know that you have to recertify the CCNA every 3 years dont you?

11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I understand where you're going with this, you might have an engineering degree from university and you might be an Engineer based on your cred, but usually when someone refers themselves as a Senior Engineer, they're talking about the job that the're doing/work title... You cannot refer to yourself as a senior engineer unless you actually work as a senior engineer. You can, on the other hand say that you've completed your engineering degree, etc..

I apologize if this is different in Turkey, but in North America and seems to be the same in UK a Senior Engineer is more of a Job title than anything.

I went to school and studied Commerce, working towards a major in finance, but it does not give me a financial analyst or any finance related titles...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  12. greenbrucelee

In the real world you call yourself a senior engineer after doing that job for a long time. Just because you get a degree in something or even a masters degree in something doesn't make you a senior anything only proper experience makes you a senior.

13. BosonMichael

No, sorry, that's not what a "senior engineer" is.

By your logic, I should be a "senior chemist". But I'm not. Although I hold a degree in Chemistry, I have never worked in the field.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  14. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

Application/procedure will be diverse and change from my country to your countries.

15. greenbrucelee

My friend Abazi has a degree in computing and Business and he lives in Istanbul he doesn't say he is a senior business executive or a senior computing lord. Personally Kobem I think you talk a lot of crap, no wonder no one will give you a job.

Maybe you could work for the Sun Newspaper and start a new column called lets talk crap you could even called yourself the senior crap reporter :D

16. BosonMichael

Obviously, we must not know the first thing about getting a job in your country. Since that's the case, why do you continue to come here for advice? :rolleyes:

17. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

Im not one of your friends. Additionally as a human, im unlike him. But, as far as i can see, you are getting
    rude and rude also driving me crazy right now.

18. ethernet0

ethernet0 Byte Poster

[​IMG]

Kobem:

Fisher Price Certified Systems Engineer.

19. zet

zet Byte Poster

oh god, this just cracked me up - well played kind sir.

Certifications: BSc, MSc, A+
  20. adsl_alc_20190.bin

adsl_alc_20190.bin Bit Poster

Job: Troll

Certs: None

Education: School of BS

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

Certifications: ccna, mcts windows 7