1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Ben Wood, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Ben Wood

Ben Wood New Member

I bought my Mike Meyers A+ ert Passport book last week and I have to say, it's pretty damn easy (saying that i used to build and repair pc's on a YTS scheme in IT).

I feel it won't be long before I want to take the test, only thing is: -

How mush does it cost?

Is it split into two exams that can be taken seperately as I know you buy two vouchers?

Thanks for any help.

Ben

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Ben,

There are two exams to become A+ certified- hardware and Operating Systems. Take a look at getcertified4less for some bargains. Most test centres only need 24 hours notice so book last minute and try for a bargain!
    Oh, by the way, the Passport is like a brief version of the All in one. Personally, i would go for the All in one and don't forget to go to Comptia for the latest objectives. Best of luck :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Full info on the CompTIA site. Yes - it is two exams, price is £105 each (IIRC). And the exams can be sat back-to-back or separated by months, as convenient.

Don't separate them too long at the moment, as a possible change in objectives seems to be on the horizon.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. Ben Wood

Ben Wood New Member

Thanks guys

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+