How much does the ITIL exam cost?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Juelz, May 10, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Sorry to ask a Google type question but for some reason I cant find it on the ITIL site and Im getting conflicting prices on other sites! Havent even been able to find the darn exam objectives! Possibly my problem is me viewing the site on my phone o_0? Would appreciate it if you could provide this info, I have a laptop but no access to the net so all my googleing is done on my phone. Also I've heard you can sit the exam at home.. how?

Thanks

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

According to the Prometric site it's £130 ex vat.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. haffy

haffy New Member

my company paid for the test, i am not sure about the costs,
    but for preparation i paid myself at cert-express.com/
    i passed on first attempt.

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Sorry but you don't really need to buy prep material for the ITIL exam, it's really all common sense.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

From the little I've seen (and I mean little) it seems to be alot of concepts to remember.. to a novice I dont see it being that easy.

6. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

It is quite easy, mostly its basic concept stuff. You do need to read/study, but its not a class room 3 day course job as many training companies seem to suggest.

I have worked in many ITIL environments, and as such had change and incident down to a tee, but the development process and terminology etc was new to me, so defo need a little read, but it is quite simple.

Pass mark is very low too, so quite a nice, easy simple one to pick up.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  7. haffy

haffy New Member

Just in case if you want to prep yourself and check where you stand. making sure everything you know and understand is right. Most of the time students are over confident and they think whatever they thinking is right. From my experience I faced loads of issues with the double answer possibility. The answer is so close to you and you can't figure out which one is the right answer.
    I will recommend try xxxxxxxxxx.com for assistance. it helped me, might help you

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
  8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So I have sat both ITIL Foundation 2 and 3 courses and exams and it really is easy, it's common sense as far as I am concerned, I have seen people new to IT attending courses and understanding it, yes they do generally last for 3 days but alot of that time was discussing things and asking peoples opinions etc.

It is without a doubt the driest subject I have ever attended but having worked in ITIL focused environments before knowing what ITIL was it made sense.

9. haffy

haffy New Member

For some people who have the professional background of IT, it is easy for them. what about person who are switching department or other stuff. They should have a bit of knowledge about the course and exam.
    Think about other people as well.

10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

You can buy an ITIL book and read it and pass the exam, you don't need to go on training for this particular exam, really it isn't rocket science in this case, yes I understand that people with little to no experience might want to gain an edge but this is one of the few exams that I would say doesn't need any testing software to test against.

Having a bit of knowledge about the course and the exam comes from the course tho don't you think (or book if you just want to go down that route)?

11. haffy

haffy New Member

depends on your perception . I was skilled wasn't hard for me to clear, just took practice test and went for exam ;)

12. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So actually you didn't need to do the practice test then if all you did was sit that, then do the exam? You get the idea, telling people to get the practice test is in my opinion not the right way of doing things, it's not a widely acknowledged request to have a practice exam for the ITIL foundation exam and infact this was the first time I have heard about such a test.

13. haffy

haffy New Member

you need to know the sanario

14. gingertips

gingertips New Member

Hi all.

Can someone recoemmnd where to get practice exams & also if there is any self study material I should look at before taking test?
    Thanks

15. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Here's a few but if you listen to the instructor and read the material you should have nothing to worry about

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    gingertips likes this.
  16. gingertips

gingertips New Member

Instructor?!!! thanks JK2447 - I am planning on going through the material on my own, but will make use of any practice tests I can find.

17. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I would have a look on YouTube for some ITIL videos and use them as well.

The subject matter is rather dry so try not to fall asleep.

gingertips likes this.
  18. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Ah I do apologise sir, I've given up coffee for the past 30 days and the green tea doesn't have the same kick. In that case check out this bad boy!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    gingertips likes this.
  19. gingertips

gingertips New Member

Try peppermint tea as a nicer alternative! I find Green tea a little harsh after several cups a day!

But thanks for your help - much appreciated

20. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Any reason you gave up coffee?