how many

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by gulbash, Feb 3, 2011.

1. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

Hi, on average, how many questions come in the MCDST MS 70-271 exam? Thanks.

Certifications: A+, Network +, 70-680, 70-640, 70-642
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

70? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I think all MS exams can have as little as 40 questions and as many as 65 questions, however no one knows until they sit the exam and it can be different for everyone. The same goes for no one knows what questions are worh what marks, you could get 10 points for one question with one answer and get 5 points for a two part answer you just dont know.

Unlike compTIA exams where there is a set number of questions which some are unscore beta questions I believe I am correct in saying that the number of questions you get is randomized and there will be a few unscored beta questions. This is to try and stop people from cheating by being able to work out how much a certain question scores and that sort of thing.

When you get a pratice exam say from Boson or Transcender I would suggest that you make sure you are hitting well over 80% before taking the exam for real.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Does it really matter if there are 100 easy questions or 30 hard questions? If you do not have the skills and knowledge, then you will fail.

Do not concentrate on the amount of questions on the exam, rather concentrate on learning the objectives of the exam so that you pass.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

Okay, thanks for the advice so far..

6. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

That's all the advice we can give you
    a) Nobody knows the average, but you'll get somewhere round about 50, give or take 10 or 15.
    b) It doesn't matter how many questions there are, it's how many you answer right that counts. As GBL pointed out, we don't know how they score the questions or even work out the passmark so we don't know how many you need to get right either.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yep I always figured you were scored in multiples of 5 or 10 but when I passed the second MCDST exam I got 873 which is a weird score as in other exams I have done they always ended with a 0 or 5.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

If what you were worried about is time factor, then don't be ... there is about 3 times the amount of time you really need.

9. gulbash

gulbash Nibble Poster

Thanks for all the advice guys. It's true, there isn't much more advice to give, you all have given me all that is needed, i feel comfortable now taking the 70-271 in March. I know at the end of the day, i will have to learn and practice the objectives. All exams have some challenge to it, and i welcome it if it do arise...Thumbs up to this forum, it's really helpful..

10. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

Good man ... just learn everything very thoroughly and you will be fine. Be safe in the knowledge that 272 is easier than 271 as well!