1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many times have you stop-started studying for a cert?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, May 8, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Top Poster
    of the Month

Estimate Ive attempted studying for the A+ a good 10 times

MTA networking 5 times

Never gotten through either.. I always change my mind on my strategy then later retract then quit again lol all I can do is laugh really.. Ive come to the realisation though, that my current MTA cert will not get me very far so to get another is pointless. Luckily though I already work in IT so Im in a possition to get experience. Only gripe is im in a position to get OS experience but next to no hardware experience.. Unless its hardware issues that can be solved within the OS is the clossest I get.

Certifications: MTA Windows Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation, Mac Integration Basics 10.12
  2. Censorious

Censorious New Member

Hey, in my head maybe 20k times, but seriously 2 times when i actually opened a book, keep pushing...

3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Im always doing it, other things crop up

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Only quit once on the OSCP, never gone back to it.

Generally I get a cert done in 1 week to 6 months.

Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH
  5. Jaron78

Jaron78 Megabyte Poster

Actually having this at the moment. I have the Network+ booked in about 3 weeks, but things keep cropping up at work (25 New starters in a week) and things like that.

Means I may put the exam back (Will decided on the 7th June) but yeah, really find it hard to focus sometimes.