How many times have you stop-started studying for a cert?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, May 8, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Estimate Ive attempted studying for the A+ a good 10 times

MTA networking 5 times

Never gotten through either.. I always change my mind on my strategy then later retract then quit again lol all I can do is laugh really.. Ive come to the realisation though, that my current MTA cert will not get me very far so to get another is pointless. Luckily though I already work in IT so Im in a possition to get experience. Only gripe is im in a position to get OS experience but next to no hardware experience.. Unless its hardware issues that can be solved within the OS is the clossest I get.

2. Censorious

Censorious Bit Poster

Hey, in my head maybe 20k times, but seriously 2 times when i actually opened a book, keep pushing...

3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Im always doing it, other things crop up

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Only quit once on the OSCP, never gone back to it.

Generally I get a cert done in 1 week to 6 months.

5. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Actually having this at the moment. I have the Network+ booked in about 3 weeks, but things keep cropping up at work (25 New starters in a week) and things like that.

Means I may put the exam back (Will decided on the 7th June) but yeah, really find it hard to focus sometimes.