How long until MCSA certification shows on transcript?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by algorithm&blues, Dec 22, 2011.

1. algorithm&blues

algorithm&blues Nibble Poster

Hi All,

As I posted in the 70-291 forum yesterday, I passed 70-291 yesterday morning.

Microsoft now have record of me passing the following exams:
    70-291
    70-290
    70-680 - Win 7 (Client)
    70-620 - Vista (Elective)

This caps off the MCSA.

Obviously I got a little worried when I logged in this morning to find my 70-291 results on the MCP site, but my MCSA certification nowhere to be seen.
    I was more worried because my MCTS went on there instantly after I passed 70-680. Likewise when I passed my MCDST a few years back, my certification showed up on my transcript instantly.

I've done a search on here for any similar threads, but can't seem to find one.

I phoned Microsoft but they were of very little help. They just replied that it should be there instantly as well?

Anyone else? How long did it take for your MCSA to show up on your transcript etc?

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I wouldn't worry about it until after new year. They have a record of you passing the required exams so no one can take your MCSA away. Give it a couple of weeks to see if it works its way through the system and take your well earned break.
    One plausible explanation is that they run a program to examine the accounts of people who have passed recently, looking for combo-certs. I imagine this is reasonably intensive on things like CPU, perhaps network and RAM,and not something you would want to do too regularly in an organisation that spans the globe and needs the infrastructure running properly probably 24/6 (which would account for mon-fri across all time zones if my arithmetic is correct). In other words, don't even think about it until after Sunday, which is when you would expect a program like that to run.

Also, the front-line phone-monkeys might not be aware that combo-certs take a little bit of time to work their way through the system.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. algorithm&blues

algorithm&blues Nibble Poster

Thanks mate.

As you suspected, it was a case of me worrying.

The certification has shown up on my transcript this morning!!

4. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Glad it appeared - it took mine 3 days for it to appear - I didn't catch it before the 291 was added, but MCSA not, but it was all there eventually.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293