1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long is 70-620? 90 or 120 minutes for answering the questions?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by jones89, May 19, 2009.

1. jones89

jones89 New Member

How long do you have? I've heard lots of conflicting numbers, and don't know what the latest is. :oops:

I don't mean the time including the survey, agreements etc. Just how long for answering the actual questions...

Also, do any of the questions not count? (I've done the CompTIA A+ in the past, and I know a random selection of 10 didn't count.)

Thanks in advance. :)

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCTS 70-620
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I'm not sure but I think it would be 120 minutes, although I've just read that someone mentioned 4 hours.:blink

I'm not to worried about the times here as when I book an exam in english I get an extra 30 minutes because I'm taking an english exam in a non english speaking country. That means that I get all the time that I need.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. jones89

jones89 New Member

My timeslot is 4 hours long too. But that isn't representative of the exam length.

I live in Austria (next door to you!) and take my exams in English, but I didn't get extra time on my CompTIA A+. I take it you were referring to Microsoft giving you an extra 30 mins. Do tell me more, I've never heard of that before.

I'm from the UK and have a UK passport and English is my mother tongue. How about you? How do you qualify for extra time? :blink

4. smoggy333

smoggy333 Bit Poster

If I remember rightly... when I did the 620 exam I had about 3 hours to do approximatly 60 questions.

Good luck, its not too bad this one.

Certifications: MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: CCNA
  5. jones89

jones89 New Member

Anyone else have a time limit to share?

You won't believe how many conflicting answers I've had from people. I've been asking around in other IT forums over the last couple of days. I must have about 9 answers by now, and no single amount of time is coming out on top. I do get the feeling that 2hours, or 3hours is most accurate though, rather than 90mins....

6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

No idea on how it's done. I just book in for an exam, choose the english version (also my mother tongue) and then the system informs me that I get extra time for taking an english exam in a non native english speaking country.

I can't remember if I got the same with the comptia exams (it's been a while) but maybe I can dredge up some really old confimation emails and check.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

I'm sure I had 4 hours for this one, my memory is a little hazy as it was last year!:biggrin

Good Luck anyway.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  8. jones89

jones89 New Member

Do you mean when you book on Prometric it tells you about the extra time, or when you are actually just about to do the exam. Because when I booked it didn't say anything. And I certainly didn't get any extra time with CompTIA...never done a Microsoft exam before though, so we'll see what happens....