How long does the MS e mail usually take to arrive after u pass..?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by xuefeiyang1001, Jun 16, 2007.

1. xuefeiyang1001

xuefeiyang1001 Bit Poster

Now it's almost 2 weeks for me I neither receive anything from pearson vue nor from MS..

I know there are ppl waiting for more than 3 weeks..

But I am still wondering how long does it usually take.. I thought at least I shall get some confirmation e mail from my exam hosts?

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

usually the candidate receives an e-mail (within 24 hours) from the examination board to say "thanks for testing...."

as for ms, can you log in to the mcp site and see if it has been added?

certificate can take several weeks to arrive.

Perhaps a call to Pearson/Thomson prometric just to check on progress.

Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Boyce is right, do you have a spam filter on your email account? Might have been caught up in that.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. steve_f

steve_f Byte Poster

It's a month today since I passed 271, I have had some emails from pearson about feedback on the test, and I am getting MCP newsletters that I didn't sign up for, but no information about joining the MCP site.

I can see that I need an MCP ID and an access code to log in here.

I think I can get a temp access codes by just pusshing a button on the MS website, but with no MCP ID there is no point.

gmail spam filter is pretty good as well

Certifications: MCDST, MCSA 2003+Messaging, MCITP:SA, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Comptia Server+ 2009, CCA Xenapp 6.5, VCP5-DV
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, CCSA
  5. C4sper

C4sper Byte Poster

parsons is quite good with sending emails but M$ on the other hand...

I passed 70-272 a few mths ago and the same day I received email from them about 70-271 that I took 1 month earlier :):):)

but at least they'r sending the MPC's welcome packs quite fast

Certifications: ECDL, A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSE, CCNA
  6. Morne Louw

Morne Louw Byte Poster

mine took about somewhere between 3 weeks and a month

if i remember correctly

Certifications: ECDL, OCN Level 2 HTML, A+,MCDST,70-270
    WIP: MCSA/MCSE
  7. xuefeiyang1001

xuefeiyang1001 Bit Poster

Til now I didn get my e mail from ms but I got my access code thru the following ways

I put my MCPID from PEarson website and reset my access code. The MCPID can be seen from your past activity record. It list your exam centre..test name..candidate profile..test cost

and I use the reset access code (which usually arrive with an email within 5 mins u reset it) and MCP ID to log in. fail

I wait for 3 days and provide the MCPID from Pearson and reset access code to MS

and then , without any info from them, I can access..
    two days later, they reply that they hav checked and nothing was wrong with my profile.. I SHOULD be able to access without problem

and actually I am:)

8. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I didn't understand your last post. The only e-mail i receive from Microsoft are from being a registered member - not certification.

Not quite sure what resetting your profile (Pearson or Microsoft) will do. As said, it can take several weeks for the certificate to arrive.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  9. PompeyFC

PompeyFC Nibble Poster

I have been waiting since June 10th for my welcome pack / email from M/Soft and for an MCPID !! :blink

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, A+, 70-270, 70-290, Network+
    WIP: Windows 7
  10. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

Hmmm... I passed my 271 today and haven't even had a mail from Pearson Vue? I can see my pass on their website though..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  11. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

it took me a couple of days to get my code but only after i phoned vue, they are the best ppl to talk to in regards to matters like these or just call M$, correct me if i'm rong but your MCP ID is on your exam results

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Like Boyce said, its usually 24 hours, I got mine the next day when I passed 270.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  13. Armchair Pimp

Well still no mail from MS or Vue.... a phone call could be in order...

14. Armchair Pimp

Well called Microsoft up and they gave me the temp code I needed to access the MCP site.. have now ordered the welcome pack..

15. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

@xuefeiyang1001 was on the right track.......

1, Create a new Microsoft login using a any of these if you aint already go one....Hotmail address, MSN e-mail address, or Microsoft Passport, these are Windows Live ID's.

(This is the number one reason you don't get an email from MS is that you didn' have one of these. Change you candiate email address to one of these before registering for an exam!)

Get your MCP Number from your exam test result sheet, or login into your testers site and get it from there.

Create your Live ID if you ain't already got one.

Goto http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/passport/instructions.mspx

Follow the instructions and associate your login with your MCP number.

Use your MCP & Live ID to Login to generate a temporary access / reset code. this is emailed to you. Leave it for 48 hours to fully replicate, then you can login and order your welcome pack / paper certs. Using your temporary code / live ID / MCP number.

Once you've done that you just use your live ID & password.
    Worked for me :blink

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  16. Pabs

Pabs Bit Poster

Hi Spilly,

I've tried what you suggested, and I cannot enter my MCPID, as the field doesn't seem to allow me to enter the whole ID in???

I have my exam results here, and I have either a candidate ID, or Registration. Both of which are 9 or 10 chars respectively.

Anyone have any ideas? I did my MCP over a week ago now, and I've had NO emails whatsoever (and I did register with a hotmail account) and nothing in the JUNK mail folder.

I move house in the not-too-distant future so just want to make sure that I get everything I need before I move!

Thanks

Certifications: MEng, MCDST, MCSA, CCA
    WIP: ITILv3, CCENT, MCTS
  17. Pabs

Pabs Bit Poster

I'll explain a little more....

IF i had the temporary login code, my Candidate ID would fit in the first box. However, when I go to the "reset access code" page, the MCPID field is limited to 8 chars. My Candidate ID is 9.

Anyone else had this? Or am I doing something wrong?

I've confirmed my ID on Prometric as the same as the one on my exam sheet that's here in front of me.

Thanks

18. Pabs

Pabs Bit Poster

Well after speaking with MS, and Prometric, it seems that Prometric had received my results, but not updated my profile with them, so the results haven't been sent to Microsoft. Obviously the cause of the lack of emails I've had from them!

Anyway, apparently my results have been sent to MS now, so fingers crossed I should get my info soon.

I've already booked my 70-272 exam, so I should have my MCDST soon! (I hope!)

19. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Scary :eek: ..... glad you are sorted now!

Mine worked ok since when I did mange to login to the MCP site my cert was there already showing. It was just a case of confirming my details and ordering my welcome pack.

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  20. Pabs

Pabs Bit Poster

i phoned MS 3 days ago, and they gave me my MCP ID over the phone, and walked me through the logon stages. Ordered my Welcome Pack now, so might get that in a month or two.

Got my 70-272 exam on Tuesday, so fingers crossed come Tuesday afternoon I'll be an MCDST :)

Then I think it's 70-270 for me, and use the lot towards an MCSA.