how long does it take to convert a vidcast into DVD, prob with training provider

Discussion in 'A+' started by Vengal, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Vengal

Vengal Bit Poster

Hi, wen i first started off i knew nothing about IT in terms of technincal sense, so i thought it might be a good idea to start off the most well known home training providers, Skillstrain.co.uk.

they provide various forms of home learning support to audio/visual info (vidcast/cyber class) to tutor support.

@ the moment i am not getting a particular serivce! For somereason my computer does not seem to play the RECORDED live cyber class/vid cast. the audi info skips alot including the visual info to the point you cannot make any sense out of it!

Its been 7 months formnow that i was promised that this will be fixed or the media will be converted to DVD and it will be sent to me by post!

I am asking for ur help and advise, how long does it take to convert a media format with named file description as "CentraOne launcher" into a DVD format?

WIP: A+ N+
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Not very long at all.

If I were you I'd pester them.

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

converting a streaming video to dvd doesn't take long at all but then again it depends on how long the streaming is there could be 100s of hours worth.

You need to find out if the problem is their end or yours so
    I think you should be asking why doesn't the streaming work, is it a connection problem?, firewall issue? old codecs? etc etc

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Vengal

Vengal Bit Poster

i've tested my computer system with all sorts of codecs installed recommended k-lite codecs and various other things that skillstrain have suggested.

gave them them them a small status report on which software they wanted tested.....

i ve been a few other people have got problems with it.

but its been 7 months from now, been promised to get DVD versions

WIP: A+ N+
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I would keep on pestering them about the dvd because if you don't youll end up running out of time and thinking you can get your money back but because they have supplied streaming vids to you then they havent defaulted so you will be out of pocket.

So keep phoning them and writing to them.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?