How is the certificate mailed?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Gav, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Hi all,

I logged into the CompTIA site today and noticed that, on the 23rd April, my certificate was marked as 'mailed'. I would have thought, if it had been mailed, it would have arrived by now.

How do they get sent out? Is it by courier or Royal Mail? *shudders*

Thanks,

Gav

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I don't know about in the UK, but here in the US, it's by the regular postal service. Guess you'll have to take your chances. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It'll come via Royal Mail, as it goes thru the US postal system and then ours, it can take up to 6 weeks (I recall).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Mine was sent though royal mail and it was bent, but the certificate is crap anyway.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  5. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Oh right! It comes from the states?

That would explain why it hasn't arrived yet then :oops:

Thanks once again Ken :P

6. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Thought I'd add to this rather than starting another thread, I completed my A+ on the 22 and the CompTIA website updated to reflect that within a couple of days. It was showing a certificate request in progress (details verified) and now nothing shows on the website (its been a little while since I checked).

Is it normal for the request to disappear from the site after its been mailed?

(Certificate not yet received but I'm in the UK so thats not unusual)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  7. Rachael_B

Rachael_B Nibble Poster

Hi Josiah

Try checking the 'History' tab under the 'Home' section rather than the Certificate requests In process section and see if it gives you any info in there

Rach

Certifications: A+, ITIL v3 Fdn, Network+
    WIP: 70-680, 70-685
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What Rach said.

Yes it comes from the states mine took 5 weeks to arrive. I'm not sure what you are hoping for because they don't look very good, I wouldn't show mine to an employer unless they specifically requested it, I'd rather refer them to my compTIA history if they wanted to see the information.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

aha! hadn't even spotted the history button! thanks, A+ IT Technician Kit: Processed, so I'll assume it'll be with me at some point probably shortly before or after my hols (mid June)!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  10. ledzepploid

ledzepploid Bit Poster

oooh whats in the kit?

Passed the 602 yesterday, was hoping to get my details banged into the comptia site now but I've just checked the results paper and it says you have to wait 5 business days after taking the exam :blink

Also check out the retake policy:

"In the event you have passed the CompTIA A+ 220-602 (2007 Edition) Exam, IT Technician Designation, you shall be required to wait for a period of twelve (12) calendar months before retaking the CompTIA A+ 220-602 (2007 Edition) Exam, IT Technician Designation, unless CompTIA has changed the test objectives for the exam."

Why the hell would you want to resit the same exam after passing it?

11. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Mine was up there the next day, I think it depends on the testing provider.

One word: braindump

12. Johnny Napalm

Johnny Napalm Bit Poster

Believe me, don't get too excited waiting for the "certificate". I couldn't have been any more disappointed if I'd tried. An inkjet printout on cheap A4 paper (not even glossy photo paper or embossed). Not exactly much for your exhorbitant exam fee. Doesn't exactly make CompTIA (or you for that matter) look very professional unfortunately. As stated above, probably best to get the prospective employer to look online to be honest. :x

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA, MCDST
  13. Dexter

Dexter Nibble Poster

Be fair guys!! You get a credit card sized piece of flimsy plastic with your name on and everything........what more do you want!! :twisted:

Certifications: A+ N+ MCDST
    WIP: LPIC-1 - HTML - MYSQL
  14. Juanito

Juanito Bit Poster

I passed my 602 yesterday, done the Essentials last month and signed up to the Comptia website today and it now says I'm enrolling for the IT Tech even though I've passed. WTF?

Certifications: A+
  15. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

On average it can take 1-3 days (in some circumstance up to 7 days) for the information to pass from PearsonVue/Prometric to Comptia.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security