How does your partner react?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by nugget, Nov 24, 2007.

1. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

You work in IT AND have time for a gf ? :eek:

2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

yeah I know...big shocker eh? lol...saying that when I was with my ex-fianceé I wasnt working IT, I was working for BT in the faults department in Aberdeen...but I was eagre to get into IT when I was with her...she even tried to help me get a job in IT and it was her friend who brushed up my CV, which I now use as a template for other people who are looking for jobs in IT (Raffaz will know). So yeah I was engaged but not working in IT but still spent a lot of time with my computer.

Now i have 3 computers I cant see me being with any woman who would wana spend time with a guy who loves computers more than women! Yikes did I just say that out loud? :eek:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I have not been home in 3 days helping a customer recover from a disaster, 3 servers f**ked. Have not had a full nights sleep in days. The wife thinks I should chill. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. mrtec

mrtec Bit Poster

@ dmarsh26 i do not now whether that question was for me xD or .. noel... but I have a gf ( which by the way we "better" now:D )

@ Sparky :S 3 days? hell! xD i know u are tired now ;P but.. do as ur wife says: Chill out ( u got the weekend i would assume:P)
    so chill out with ur wife:P ( these words are with all the respect8))

i think when the missus say chill out.. its "party time" , i dont know ur wife(or u:)) but u know how women tend to be...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCP
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Good job I'm single then :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I know, need to go back in today but Im going out with the wife on Sunday. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Sorry for a very late contribution, but like some other posters I have found that when with my ex-gf I don't think I would have completed all my certs quite so easily because I would not have the same amount of time to put into them.

This thread reminds me of a similar thread on the Cisco forum which is also worth reading :-

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servl...md=pass_through&location=outline@^[email protected]

It is very sad that work intervenes in a relationship, because at the end of the day it is more important to have a life than a job.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  8. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

The missis and I have a pretty good understanding about work, she's not overly keen on it, but she has her books and TV/DVDs to watch so its not a massive issue,
    We met on the internet, she was still in high school and I was a young hard working IT peon, lots of hours, lots of weekends, but it wasn't a big deal back then, we lived apart anyway! we also got in the habit of using the latest technology to our advantage, have been using Skype since it was Beta, SkypeIN since beta, Twitter and other things to keep in touch regardless of the medium, etc,

We live together now and obviously its more of an issue, but I'm further down my chosen path and the late / weekend stuff is considerably less now to boot

Shes pretty laid back about it all now, and like i said, we use technology to our advantage so we are never really out of touch

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0