1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you use your IPAD /Tablet in relation to studying for certs?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamin100, Mar 22, 2012.

1. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

Apart from the obvious like reading books and watching videos, what else do you use your Ipad for to aid your studying?

Are there any specific apps you use?

WIP: 70-680
  2. dales

dales Gigabyte Poster

I also use pocket cloud,teamviewer,citrix receiver and ssh clients for remote desktop connections back to my lab pc at home. great for when I go across the road to the pub for lunch and can use their wifi to its fullest!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

Logmein is free for iPad to connect to your machine.

Azul - media app which I put my movies into (from itunes) so I can 2x playback - otherwise I fall asleep on the train listening to Prof.Messer/CB Nuggets

iBooks - although I might find an app to edit the books I'm reading. At the moment I read the book but annotate on the hardcopy when I'm home. **Any suggestions would be great

Keynote to write my notes // additional comments - which I then sync with my iMac via Dropbox

Gotta love the iPad, sold my gaming rig for it and its probably one of the best decisions I made in 2011.

Helps I have 4 hours of travelling a day :D

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

I pretty much use it to browse the web on the couch.. don't really have a laptop so the mobility is great. Music videos/YouTube.. and your day to day stuff like reading ebooks, etc.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

thanks,
    Im currently churning my way through 70-680 and tend to have some videos on the ipad when im at work. I then type notes with evernote on my PC.
    In the evening, im either reading the 70-680 ebook or reading though my notes on the ipad with evernote.

Im wondering, is it practical to control a home lab from an ipad?

So for example. im thinking about getting a hp microserver and installing maybe esxi or windows 2008r2.
    Then creating a small virtual lab. The microserver would be headless and I would control the VMs with the ipad?
    possible?

WIP: 70-680
  6. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

I use it to read PDF's in bed :) Now we don't have to leave the lights on anymore.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless