1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you motivate yourself?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by linuxuser, Sep 3, 2016.

1. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

Just wondered what techniques everyone uses to motivate themselves into working towards a cert?

Certifications: ITIL v3, Information Security Foundation (based on ISO/IEC 27002)
    WIP: Linux Essentials
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Well I have dipped in and out of certs to be honest as it was hard to focus on one when there was so much going on.

But now a new job with the focus being solely on IT and I know I will get the support and the opportunities that I have been craving.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

I am going to book the exam to set myself a deadline and Make sure I am well rested and well hydrated everyday

Certifications: ITIL v3, Information Security Foundation (based on ISO/IEC 27002)
  4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Top Poster
    of the Month

Well before I worked in IT my motivation was wanting to get out of retail, now I work in IT,I dont really work towards certs but I do study things I plan to make a start on MTA windows server once Im done with all my udemy videos and edx course.

Certifications: MTA Windows Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation, Apple Mac Integration 10.12
    WIP: MTA Networking Fundamentals
  5. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

I have to be honest, my career took me down a path which I wasn't expecting and I became comfortable within it. It's time to get out of my comfort zone and start setting new goals for myself

6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Top Poster
    of the Month

so are you familiar with networks, hardware software etc? Only reason I ask is because alot of mamagement at my placedo not have IT skills.

Certifications: MTA Windows Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation, Apple Mac Integration 10.12
  7. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

I've worked in support for 10 years, its the last few years where I have been given my own team although I'm not a manager :) I'm going to be doing the certs so that I can:

1. Be able to better assist my team and give them training
    2. Prove that I have the skills

8. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Top Poster
    of the Month

All the best mate, what certs you looking at?

9. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

Thank you - Currently Linux Essentials, and Network+