How Do Install A Socket 370 Motheboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Professor-Falken, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

I am trying to put back a Pentium III 1.0 Ghx XP system. I dont have the motherboard manual, and there is nothing printed on the motherboard. I connected all the front panel except for Power led and speaker I found all the rest of the connections on the motherboard. I connected the power supply easy enough! But I am little bit worried does anyone have any suggestions.

Professor Falken

Attached Files:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Yeah, If i were you i would get the manual or at least the mobo connections layout. The main thing when working on a AT mobo is to put the black wires together for the power. . .. ..

Let us know how you get on :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

I am working with a socket 370 motherboard, ATX Power supply.
    I connected the Hardive to IDE1. I connected the CD-ROM to IDE-2 and the floppy drive to the floppy controller on the motherboard. The only problem is I connected the power and turned on the computer and nothing happens. The power supply does seems like it turns on, either does the computer.
    Please let me know what I can do. I have the case connections connected correctly I think.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks
    Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Check the jumpers from the power switch to the board, Prof. If those are wrong or not correctly fitted, what you describe is what will happen.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity