How Do I Study For The A+ OS exam

Discussion in 'A+' started by Professor-Falken, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

I finished my hardware and I am now studying for software OS exam. After I pass the Mike Meyers practice and final exams am I ready for the test or should I use another testing software.

Thanks,

Professor Falken

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

What about the Mike meyers Lab book for software, also have you tried Mike meyers Passport edition or Learnkey

The other one and it is highly recommended by staff at CF is the Trancender practice exam

UCM :biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Try out testing software - 80% I understand is the general level to get to before you go for the A+.

But also, the Core OS exam has a much greater leaning on 'hands-on' experience. A lot of questions are on 'how do you get to 'x' function' - so know your menus. Get on a PC, and practice!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

yeah transcender helps a lot, once u sort of think ur ready for the exam, try doing transcender practice question and sample exams, as said above, if ur going above 80 in them i guess then u r ready :)

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  5. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

All depends if you are more of a software or hardware person. I found the OS a lot harder purely from a lack of experience point of view. Last thing you want to start doing is using practice tests too much or you run the risk of memorising the answers and not really learning. Get hold of as many of the OS's as you can and use them, either on physical hardware or a VM. Build on the similarities between them but be aware of the differences. And to stop yourself getting bogged down and concentrating on stuff you don't need, make sure you have the core objectives and read them thoroughly.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA