1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i create a FAST and how do i put a computer in a domain step by step

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ali[priest, Aug 11, 2006.

1. ali[priest

ali[priest New Member

i have two computers runing windows2000 Pro and i need to backup the files and data on both computers, but i dnt know steps to take when creating a FAST disk (how to create FAST)to backup files and setting. Also i have to put these computer back on the network with the same setting so "how can i put these two computers back on the network after upgrading them to windows XP Pro.
    pliz help me out i need answers by today pliz guys. Email me at alipriest2000@yahoo.co.uk.

2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

If I remember rightly I don't think the FAST feature is available in Win2k Pro, If i'm wrong them someone will be along shortly to put me right. Take a look at the following link for a set by set guide.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/mgrtfset.mspx

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-294
  3. ali[priest

ali[priest New Member

am have problems with put a my computer in a domain, which is running at the moment. i went help on how to do that

4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

look here and here for step by step guides

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. riaz.hasan

riaz.hasan Kilobyte Poster

wot about USMT?? have u tried that to scan and backup the settings and load it into the new computer...

Certifications: Degree, A+, HDA, MCP(270 finally!!)
    WIP: MCDST, MCSA2k3
  6. YottaMedia

YottaMedia Bit Poster

FAST is intended for one or two pcs, USMT is way better and does pretty much the same thing. FAST came in with XP and I think USMT did as well, but it coulda been there in 2K.

Im pretty sure u can whack an xp cd into anything, be it 2K, 98, 95 even, and use the fast wizard. As for usmt not sure, but there may be a client to allow it to work on other O/Ses. Will work on 2K at least,I'm pretty sure.

Adding to a domain is peasy as long as you have the IP settings set up (ie u can ping the server), and if you have a computer and user account on the domain (or just use admin from the domain but at least need a computer account for it) then goto my computer properties and the computer name tab, in the network ID point it to the domain and tada.

Certifications: MCSA & A+
    WIP: MCSE CCNA