1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did they find me???

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Lord Deckard, May 19, 2006.

1. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

Bit of an odd one this. Checked my mail this morning and there was an email from a local IT firm saying "I've had your CV passed to me by our HR manager and I think I have a position you would be interested in. Would you like to meet and discuss it?"
    Got no problem with this and after a read of their website and a game of email tag, I'm off to an interview at 8am on Wednesday before I go to work.
    The thing thats confusing me is; where the hell did he get my CV??
    I'm registered with a couple of agencies but have heard nothing from them. The only job I've interviewed for is a firm that has one site and as far as I can tell no links to other companies....
    Curiouser and curiouser! Ah well, wish me luck all :biggrin

[Edit - my spelling gets worse]

Lord Deckard.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Agency more likely! :biggrin What type of role Lord Deckard?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

With agencies your C.V can end up anywhere! Best of luck with the interview :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Exchange 2007\2010
  4. Lord Deckard

Lord Deckard Byte Poster

From my experience, if an agency finds something for you, they ring you. No way they want to miss out on comission or a finders fee. As for the role Zimbo, could be anything!! Looks like they do service contracts, maintainance & upgrades, phone support, Sage support, networking.... hopefully all will become clear on Wednesday.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: N+ and CCNA