1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How common are errata pages in tech books?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Juelz, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I spent £30 on a book only to later findout it has numerous errors, though the reviews I read didn't indicate this. I managed to locate the errata pages which totals around 20 confirmed errors. How common are these errata pages?
  2. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

It happens mate, I have had books that have had very obvious mistakes, it's one of the reasons why I prefer Kindle books now days, at least they get updated occasionally.
    Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  3. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Pretty common these days, lifespan for tech books is extremely limited.

You used to get third and fourth editions and the bugs would get ironed out, doesn't happen these days, you get a link to a website with errata.
    Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH