How cheap is this?!?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noelg24, Jan 9, 2006.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Click Here!

I have contacted the buyer and he says they will work in Dual Channel (which is what I want!), they are brand new...and its all kosher...thought I would show u guys in case u have anything else u might wana add...if the feedback I get is good I will be ordering these babies...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Holy Shoe Polish Batman!!

Good find Noel. Think I might be purchasing an upgrade for my system.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

just dont get it before me Arroryn cos I really want them! :biggrin

4. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

What?! Are you buying all 80 Noel? Think of the virtual machines you could have. :ohmy

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

haha...I wish I could buy all 80...I got hold of two of them so hopefully they should be here in the next couple of days...cant wait!! :biggrin...

6. Pady

Pady Nibble Poster

great find, just purchased one for myself. thanks

Certifications: A+, See Sig for HW Certs
    WIP: Network+ & MCP 70-270
  7. Pady

Pady Nibble Poster

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 6838122794

Item Title - NEW 1GB PC3200 DDR Memory RAM DDR400 NON-ECC

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed all of this seller's active listings and have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If someone claiming to be the seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions for items listed on eBay that are completed outside of the eBay marketplace are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud.

If you have not sent payment to the seller, we urge you to not proceed with the transaction.

If you have already paid, you may wish to pursue recouping your funds. Some steps you might take include:

1. Ask the seller for a refund
    2. If you paid by check, ask your bank to stop payment
    3. If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company's security department
    4. If you have made a payment by money order or wire transfer, you may contact that company for further information at 1-800-325-6000 (Western Union), or at 1-800-926-9400 (Money Gram)
    5. If you paid with PayPal, review the Buyer Complaint Process at:

/csg/p?www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction in the eBay Security Center located at:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/securitycenter

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay, but we're here to help you protect yourself in the event it does. If you have any questions, please reply directly to this email.

Regards,
    Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

Certifications: A+, See Sig for HW Certs
    WIP: Network+ & MCP 70-270
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I take it u got the email too?

9. mrvolleyball

mrvolleyball Bit Poster

I got the same email, has anyone received their memory yet ?

10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I said I will give it until tomorrow...if there is no sign...well I have cancelled the direct debit with my bank so the money shouldnt come out...if it does I will be on the phone to my bank or just go in and let them know of the mishap....

11. eyeball

eyeball Nibble Poster

remember remember remember, if it seems too good to be true, it more likely is too good too be true.

:)

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCSA
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE+security
  12. wisper

wisper New Member

typical ebay scammers why do they get away with it ?

13. law123

law123 Byte Poster

They will get away with it. And sadly enough probably log back in under a different name and start again. That is I guess why I have always been afraid to buy on EBay even although I have sometimes been tempted
    :badi

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+