How Can I Make A Copy Of Bootable Setup CD of Windoes Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by Professor-Falken, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Professor-Falken

Professor-Falken Kilobyte Poster

I have a copy of a bootable Windows Vista CD on my hard drive but I want a make bootable CD so that I can install Windows Vista on another computer I tried copying the files to a DVD and then
    booting from a DVD/CD drive and it didnt work. I read somewhere that you must create a special disk to create a bootable installation CD, does anyone have anymore information.

Thank you,

Jose Vizcaino

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia Network +
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Burn the whole lot to CD, no? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Right mate depending on what software you are using you need to choose to make the disc boot-able - nero can do this for you nicely..

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

If you over-use the image of awesomeness then it'll become less and less awesome. :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. Hades

Hades Nibble Poster

Certifications: City & Guilds Diploma in ICT level 2+3
  7. natkay2603

natkay2603 Bit Poster

I've done this with nero 8.

8. Qs

Yeah, probably by creating an image file (.iso etc) of your CD and then burning said image to a CD.

I think the OP purely 'copied' all of the windows files onto a blank CD and then wondered why it did not work...

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

:hhhmmm i don't understand Pf, surely if you have a bootable copy of vista already on your hard drive already??? Then you must of used some type of burner software to rip to the hard drive??:blink

Unless you have downloaded a copy from the net??

The other thing that come to mind are copyright issues?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  10. Qs

There are legal downloadable copies of MS software available as image formats through MSDNAA - Link is here if you want to get some more info on it.

But yeah... we do need more information from the OP in order to help more effectively.

Qs

11. BosonMichael

I use it when it is justified...

...typically when I plant my own palm on my own forehead. :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  12. BosonMichael

Perhaps I'll choose one of them for my avatar when the avatar competition comes around again. :biggrin

13. Qs

I hope that was sarcasm.

The competition has already started and the votes are being cast as we speak. See here

Sorry buddy.

Qs

14. BosonMichael

I said, "comes around again". Meaning, not this time, but next. :)