How can I get microsoft certification???

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by redfoxintel, Jan 25, 2008.

1. redfoxintel

redfoxintel New Member

Hi...

I am a freshman IT student here in the philippines.

How can I acquire Microsoft certification???
    what are the process???
    Is there any payment???

thanks.....

Mod (Z) edit : xxxxxx

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Pass a Microsoft exam. It's as easy as that.

- Register for the exam at Prometric. Then, take the exam at the test center and time that you have chosen.

They take credit cards.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Unless they changed their policy, you don't even have to pass the test. Even if you fail you still get your MCP ID.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  4. BosonMichael

Yes, but the question wasn't, "How do I get an MCP ID?"... it was "How can I acquire Microsoft certification?". ;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

Isn't an MCP a M$ certification? We can go round and round here, but he didn't specifically say WHICH M$ certification.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  6. BosonMichael

An MCP ID doesn't grant you the MCP certification. You must pass an exam to be granted the MCP certification. If you fail your first exam, you're assigned an MCP ID so Microsoft can keep track of you, but you're not granted the certification.

By the same token, if your first exam is an MCTS exam, you are assigned an MCP ID, but you are not granted the MCP certification; you are granted the MCTS certification.