how can i get exam notes for my A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by MikeJhonson, Mar 17, 2009.

1. MikeJhonson

MikeJhonson New Member

give me some suggestions for exam notes.

2. Taita

Taita Nibble Poster

Read the book, make notes.
    Comptia website
    Proprofs

Certifications: A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  3. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Here's a decent note, introduce yourself first in the new members thread. Then instead of demanding help, try reading the forums, their is a plethora of information, that and Google A+. Besides that Taita had some good advice, also look into the Mike Meyers AIO or the Sybex A+ Complete Study Guide.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

What they said.

Studying takes a bit of effort and if you can't put this effort in then IT is definetly not right for you.

IT is a career where you have to constantly learn and study due to the fact that it changes so fast.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

I took barely any notes when I did A+ - some people find it helps them to learn, some don't. Don't just take notes because you think you should. The book and a highlighter might be enough for you.

Go introduce yourself on the intro section and good luck with the exams :D

Certifications: A+
  6. mattstevenson

mattstevenson Byte Poster

A 'please' and an effort to write in passable English would be most appreciated if you're asking us for help. Bear it in mind in the future.

I didn't take notes. I referred to the syllabus as outlined at the start of the Sybex book I was using, but not often.

Certifications: Triple A+. Network+, CCENT
    WIP: MCP, ICND2, Sec+
  7. MikeJhonson

MikeJhonson New Member

i find many sites on internet for notes some of them are good like this one what u guys suggest for me?

8. greenbrucelee

The site you mention is a braindump which is an illegal collection of exam questions. Using such sites can get you decertified for life and banned from taking any other certs. In some cases it has lead to legal action.

We on this site study honestly as we are all commited to keeping tits and arseholes out of IT. Please do not cheat as that is what it is.

Like said in the other posts if you want to study get some books practice the concepts and study.

9. billo2310

billo2310 New Member

Certguard has it down as a braindump STAY AWAY if you want to keep your certs once you obtain them (by cheating in this case)

WIP: studying towards A+ (601 + 602)
  10. MikeJhonson

MikeJhonson New Member

Thanks alot for the guidence.:oops:

11. billo2310

billo2310 New Member

HERE HERE what he said!

WIP: studying towards A+ (601 + 602)
  12. greenbrucelee

most free sites on the internet are braindumps but some legit ones where you can get free material are:

proprofs.com
    professermesser
    and cramsessions

but you will still need the appropriat books like compTIA A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition by MIke Meyers

13. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

how are all these sies kept online? can't anything be done to have them shut down?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  14. greenbrucelee

Some of them change their names.

Microsoft has had one done quite a few times (I wont mention the name but most will know who I mean) they claimed to have changed their ways and were legit but they are still doling out the dumps.

15. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

It's ridiculous that people can get away with such bullocks. These sites are what is wrong with IT, and why so many people think ITs are the suck.

With that being said proprofs.com is a great site and a new one I've come across that isn't mentioned much around here is http://mrfordsclass.com/wordpress/

If you have iTunes I suggest getting his podcasts, they supplement the study material from any good study program nicely.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
  16. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Many/most of them are hosted outside of the Western world... it's extremely hard to shut them down if they're hosted in Asia.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  17. MikeJhonson

MikeJhonson New Member

but one thing guys when i visit Dumpsite i saw they are giving practice testing software as well is these kind of software helpful for us???

18. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

That's because it's a braindump and illegal. You will notice that I have removed the link from your post AGAIN as they are most certainly not welcome here.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Uh... no, they're not helpful at all. As we explained before, using them is cheating, and can get you decertified for life. Does that sound like they're helpful?!?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  20. greenbrucelee

Most dump sites advertise their cheating software as practice exams but they are infact the real thing with the real answers. If you are found to have used them and compTIA etc can find out then you can get done.

Put it this way, we had a recent guy join use he was an MCSE but he had used braindumps he ended leaving backup tapes in the corridor and a cleaner through them out.

Anyobe who had studied properly to A+ level would know that you just don't do that.

He is now flipping burgers in BurgerKing so don't do it or you might turn into one of those burger flippers:D aswell as getting decertified and banned from taking any IT certs again.