Hosted Virtual Lab

Discussion in 'Virtual and Cloud Computing' started by Josiahb, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Hi Ladies & Gents,

I've not been around for a while but I'm looking at kicking my certification studies up a notch, I've been looking at options to rebuild my lab and unfortunately haven't got the space or the cash to get a lab server up and running at home. Has anyone had any luck setting up a hosted lab? If so which hosting provider did you go with etc?

I'm trying to get a lab server up and running at the office which I can play with but anything like that takes months to get sign off (despite the fact the hardware is in the workshop, ready to go) so I'm looking at other options.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  2. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Vaasnet: Instant on-demand Windows Server virtual machines are very good mate, their pricing model is brilliant and machines are literally ready in 20 seconds. Much better than AWS or Microsoft Azure. Connections via RDP and can set up your own lab environment really easy.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+