hope this helps.....

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by moominboy, Oct 4, 2005.

1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

as there has been a few topics recently on employment ie; contract/permanent work etc. i thought i'd post this site.

i found it with the help of hkymre who gave me this address to look into i.t apprenticeships.

i e-mailed them, and they're not doing anymore this year, but when they do it'll be posted on this site which seems to be a pretty good place to look for things like interview techniques,cv's and contract/permanent job offers/info.

hope that helps someone who's a wee bit stuck!! :biggrin :tongue

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

What can I say moomin. You're a star. :thumbleft

[​IMG]

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

np nugget! but enough showing off, where'd you get the groovy emoticons?

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Thank you very much moomin, a great find.
    Thanks for sharing it with CF. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If I told you that then I wouldn't look so good.:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Spudman

Spudman New Member

This has been true for years, Qudos to the aim academy for giving IT apprenticeships, the industry is crying out for schemes like this...but why should it resort to companies like aim to provide the necessary for the hundreds of organisations that need the skills? Theres so many talented people (a lot of them here im sure), desperate to get a break into the industry but probably dont have the exact experience in certain (often proprietry) software, that dont even get considered for these roles but would be more than capable given the chance.

[RANT]I believe that the orgainisations are largely to blame for the skills shortage, because they are unwilling to recruit inexperienced staff and dont want to spend the money training them. If they would put some effort into developing people that are just beginning their career in the IT industry, the rewards to them would more than justify the training costs. I know that if a company was willing to take me on, show me the ropes etc, it would be rewarded with someone that knows the job, specific to the companies needs, and perhaps, more importantly - loyalty.[/RANT]

Just my thoughts on a subject that touches a nerve.

Drew

Certifications: CompTIA A+
    WIP: CompTIA Network+
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Nice [RANT] tags, Drew - cracking point well made :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity