Home Network

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Ozzy2k7, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster

Hi,

I'm got 2 systems one that will have either Win2003 server or home server and the other I want to turn into a hardware firewall using this.

I'm wanting the 2 other PC's and laptop to be able to connect to the server and the internet through this firewall. So can you get a wireless router without it being a firewall or can I disable its security options so everything goes through my firewall?

Ozzy

WIP: A+ Network+
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

On every router I've seen you can disable firewall functionality.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. newkoba

newkoba Byte Poster

i could be wrong or maybe they changed it back, but i have a copy of the old astaro free gateway software that they offered, but the last time i checked they only offered it as like a 30 day demo. just something to double check.

Certifications: Security + and CEH
    WIP: CWNA and CWSP
  4. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster

I've been looking at the software for sometime and it is free for personal use and the updates are now free.

Ozzy

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

We are now using their hardware firewall at work and it's not too bad. I can't see anywhere on the site that the software is free for personal use though.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster