Home Learning Direct and ACITP

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by K86, Nov 17, 2006.

1. K86

K86 New Member

Hey

I’m really sorry to bother everyone but could someone please help me with something

I joined the Home Learning Direct about a year or so ago and I did the Dreamweaver course (I had already been using Dreamweaver for some time but I thought that maybe I should do this course to show employers that I could do it) but a couple of months ago I finished it and just got my diploma through yesterday from the ACITP but then I came across this forum and heard from what some people were saying and started to worry

I’m worried that this diploma isn’t worth anything to anyone and that it’s not recognized by any businesses and that all that time and money has gone to complete waste
    I’ve been asked by the ACITP to join but from what some people have said I’m pulling away from it a little bit just to make sure of some things first

If this diploma isn’t worth anything could I please ask what is a recognized degree in web design to companies looking for web designers or is web design like an open market and there’s no set course or national diploma or degree for them

Thank you all very much for your time

Thank you
    K86

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I’m no cert guru but I think a university degree or a college qualification would be recognised by most companies. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs