Home Cinema Projector Recommendations

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by billyr, Dec 6, 2010.

1. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Haven't discussed this with the wife yet so it may be a non starter, but I'm thinking of purchasing a Projector for some weekend movie action and Call of Duty gratuitous violence on the PS3.

Has anyone got any recommendations as to particular brands to look out for, steer clear of etc.
    I'd like to keep it sub £1000 or there abouts if possible. Hopefully full 1080p with a couple of HDMI slots.

I like the look of this LG in Currys: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/lg-af115-full-hd-home-cinema-projector-03340131-pdt.html

I have an aversion to giving them my cash though after previous poor customer service. (long story involving a bashed up washing machine and an over zealous delivery guy).

Thank you gents...and ladies.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  2. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

I have no idea about projectors, but on the way to sheffield there is a big billboard advertising this Projector for £199 - and the offer actually ends todfay at 10pm!

http://visualtronic.co.uk/epages/es...roducts/1744&gclid=CN-TtuO34qUCFVBl4woddEYR2A

and heres the sales piece below:

The latest Clearco Version 2 with HDMI and SCART inputs. This HD Ready multi-use projector perfect for home cinema use with 2,200 lumen brightness and 3000:1 contrast ratio giving powerfully sharp images! HD resolution of 720p supporting 1080p this projector is certainly the ultimate projector of today. Whether used for work or play, the clearco is completely multi-use! With it's amazing built-in TV tuner, and ability to connect to SKY, NTL, CABLE, the clearco is a fantastic christmas present home cinema projector. Got kids? Play Games? Perfect, because the clearco can be used for PS3, XBOX and NINTENDO.

Said I dont know much about projectors, and I havnt heard of the company before....... so maybe its absolutely crap...........but for £199

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290