1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HNC / A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by Fergal1982, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I recently decided that doing the A+ course from a book is all well and good, but to really understand it, you need to get hands on experience!

to that end, i decided to sign up for an HN unit course called "Hardware: Installation and Maintenance" to bolster my practical skills. i chose this course because A) if i want an HNC (which i do) i have to do it, and B) because it will specifically overlap with the A+, meaning its little extra work, but benefits both!

so now i am doing my A+, and an HNC part-time in computing. :eek:

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

good luck mate..go for it...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Best o luck Fergal :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. SimonV

SimonV Petabyte Poster Administrator

You'll gain some really great practical experience from that course if it has hands on. I did a City and Guilds course when I first got into hardware and from that learned a great deal of foundation knowledge that I use now everyday. Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Si :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  5. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

WELL DONE

I started with the A+ and am now working towards a B. Eng and maybe a M. Eng all to gain the Chartered Engineer qualification. :p

6. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

thanks guys. btw, i spoke to the woman who is dealing with the apprenticeship i mentioned a while back. apparently i made it through 2 rounds of screening, and they want to give me an aptitude test!!!!! great!

the only down side, is that they've been told to put a hold on the proceedings for a while, so im in limbo for a few months! grrrrr

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck with the course Fergal.:D

About the job, look on the bright side, at least you are still in with a chance.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685