1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

hmmm.. ok, managed to repair my kernel, got sp 2 updated and running sweet, d/loaded the last batch of security updates for windows and ZA then BAM!

can't load up pages in opera any more, only IE. when i open Opera, i can see a little bit of traffic going through ZA then nothing.

i've configured windows firewall and finally disabled it and checked through ZA to see if it's access had been changed but nada, and cleared all my temp t'internet files etc and still no joy.

any ideas peeps?

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

So what happens if you disable ZA as well?

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. moominboy

the same thing, however it looks like it's kind of sporadic.

i posted the original thread for this in IE and opera still had last nights CF page stored so thats what would load up.

just played around with my internet options and connnections and tried again, it loaded up the newest page then traffic stops again. just sits there with the hourglass.

4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

how about an nti-virus / spyware check. Just to see like 8)

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. moominboy

no i haven't tried yet, but my missus has just been on and opera is working fine for her so i'm thinkin some kinda personal settings on opera?

but the only things that have changed are sp2 and a ZA update.

i'll give the anti-crap programs a go though.

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Not sure Moom but it would appear that Opera uses the same connection settings as IE apart from proxy server settings. I presume you have checked to make sure that the proxy server settings contain the same info as in IE?

Otherwise, it sounds like you need to un-install it and do a fresh install of Opera again.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)