1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmm ... job / cv advice needed

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Hello World, May 15, 2005.

1. Hello World

Hello World Nibble Poster

As some of you are aware, this september im taking A+, CCNA and server+ after the a+ and atm im self studying for some stuff with meyers A+ all in one guide (well, half of it is dishwater coloured but a new one is on the way).

Now my plans are pretty much to take some network introductory courses next month, take a little job as an admin / data entry clerk in a company so i can go up the ladder, anyone wanna give me a little advice to what i can do here?

All ive got in my favour is that ive studied A+ in the past (the core module), and i got a good grasp of windows troubleshooting, ive had to fix enough crap for people in the past, also my typing speed is about 60-70 wpm.

Im under no illusion of big cash as everyone here may have expected, its just i wanna run and service my own servers one day and this way i get the training and experience to do this, and ive allways been fascinated yadda yadda yadda, want loads of certs yadda yadda yadda dont give a damn about cash yadda yadda yadda ... everyones heard it all before.

Anyways i see a lot of mixed advice about, i know really what i need to do but its my CV thats the bitch, anyone know where i can get some DECENT examples, frankly ive got info to put into it i just dont know how to format it (im fine with interviews).

Im stumped at the moment, its a real pain in the arse that CV's are a big part of gettign jobs these days, i wanna convey the info over without screwing it up.

WIP: CCNA 1, IT Essentials 1(A+)
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

You may or may not find some info in this PREVIOUS THREAD useful. Worth a look anyway.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Hello World

Hello World Nibble Poster

Thanks Jak, i went through that thread a few weeks ago though when somone else bought it up, didnt get much out of it.

WIP: CCNA 1, IT Essentials 1(A+)