HM forces to civvy

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Royal_IT_Biff, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Royal_IT_Biff

Royal_IT_Biff New Member

hi all

im just in the process of returning back to the I.T. industry after 8 years in the Royal Marines, and have found this site invaluable in getting a plan together as to what route's to take, certification paths etc, training providers (evil.. evil.. tp's urrghh :twisted: ).

so i thought it only polite to join and post my experiences and hopefully help others in what is a massive undertaking of sifting through random posts, finding a suitable provider and trying to formulate some kind of plan, hopefully as well will be looking for advice from some of the older members on my current plan or hopefully any ex forces may want to add any comments in particular any advice on gaining a job with DV security clearance would be great.

ill post a more detailed post in the training and certification forum talking about what courses are available for forces personell (TP's who milk the system and what not) the career transition partnership, enhanced learning credits blah blah the whole shebang. i may even do a blog similar to those seen in SimonD post about firebrand (cant do link because of spam bot lol) with which ever TP:twisted: i end up training with.

oh and probably poke the fires with regards to self study, tp's, and even uni degrees whilst im at it :blink

cheers

IT Biff :eek:

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Welcome to CF. We've got a few ex forces peeps on here so no doubt you'll be hearing from them. Cheers, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day and welcome to CF

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+