Hiya

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Jojo1, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Jojo1

Jojo1 New Member

Hi, Joined the forum a few months ago now, thought I'd better introduce myself.

I'm taking A+, N+ & CCNA. The Learning Provider gives you 3 years to complete all 3.

Apart from the learning material provided, I'll be using PC Street Smarts PC Technician, & CompTIA A+ 2006 In Depth.

I'm finding it quite difficult at the moment, but after browsing the forum have found lots of very helpful hints.

Looking forward to becoming a regular contributor on the forum.

Thanks

Jo :)

WIP: A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF, glad you joined :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

I would forget about that training providers pledge about doing A+ N+ and CCNA in 3 years. Have you had any work related experience with cisco equipment? If not, forget about it.

Whilst we are all clamouring to get these certs we seem to forget that these have to correlate to real world experience. Looks great to have them on paper, but if you don't have the experience out there to back them up then quite frankly you've wasted your time.

A+ I would say is an exception to the rule as you should be able to get a job with that cert without heavy experience.

At the end of they day some TPs are unscrupulous the salesmen are just there to make their commission and do not care if the course they are touting is actually suitable for you. This is why I always advocate the self study route, unless you actually go to an established bricks and mortar college and not some non-descript office suite you turn upto that's probably been knocked together earlier that morning to look impressive.

I'll get off my soapbox now and let you enjoy the rest of your day.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, Jojo1. Welcome to CertForums.

Glad to see you using the PC Street Smarts book, but then I'm biased as the author. :oops:

We don't see many people here using the "In Depth" A+ book but the author Jean Andrews has a good reputation for producing quality A+ study material and from what I can see of the reviews, has produced a top-notch study guide. Good luck on your studies and let us know if you have any questions.

-Trip

Certifications: A+ and Network+