Hiya

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Nomy, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Nomy

Nomy New Member

Hi all.

A quick intro....I've been skirting around the edges of the IT industry on and off for years, but never had the qualifications (or luck) to get in deep. I have been looking after my daughter from birth to (as of now) school age, and so I am eager to grab some qualies now I have the time!

I do work part time at a council run cyber cafe where I tend to maintain the pc's as well. I also build and supply pc's.

So after much soul searching (and reading of this forum), I have decided to do self study as funds are a tad tight, so I have just ordered the Michael Meyers A+ All-In-One book. This is to be my first formal IT qualification. I am hoping it will be reletively easy for me and that it is also the first of many.

I am so glad I found this place!

Nomy.

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi Nomy, welcome to the forum. There's a lot of experience hanging around here so make use of it. What else? Chatnight is Thursday night and they are a great bunch of people.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

A big CertForums welcome Nomy, hope to see more of you around the site in the near future. :D

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi there Nomy

Big congrats on taking the plunge, you are now amoungst some very respectable people.

However the rest of us are just mad :eek: or getting fairly close.

relax, enjoy and don't forget to post any probs you might have.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hi Nomy. Welcome. The Meyers book is great. You couldn't ask for a better A+ text. It's also nice to have a PC or two at home that you can open up and play around with. It sounds like you've probably got more than enough experience doing hardware support that the Meyers book will be more of a refresher than anything else. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Glad you're here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Nomy

Nomy New Member

Well, what a nice bunch of peeps you are :)

Thanks for the welcome. All I dream of now is the day when I can offer advice to others....

Thanks again.

Nomy.

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Nomy - big welcome from me too :D

You've made the right move getting the quals, and you will find (hopefully) all the help and support in here that you could possibly need.

Good luck, mate :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Sorry it's a little late ........but welcome to the mad house :D

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346