hiya all!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by moominboy, Aug 24, 2005.

1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

hi folks! im kinda new to this forum but thought this'd be the best place to visit to get some help/ info. im in the process of getting out of the army and am seriously looking at ict careers in the future.l had applied for a year long course doing, comptia A+,N+, security + , and the mcsa/mcse quals but decided that all of that would be running before i could walk so im going to trim it down a bit. i was just wondering if anyone had been in this kind of situation with no quals and knew of a good starting employment or qual to aim for? thanks a lot for any replies folks. :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, moominboy. If you have no experience or training at all, it might be difficult to get an entry-level position right out of the box. You'd be expected to have some basic knowledge for a help desk or tech support position.

As far as an entry-level cert, I'd recommend the A+ certification. It covers basic PC hardware and operating system maintanence and repair. It should give you the leg up you need to begin a technical career. Visit the A+ forum here at CertForums and take a look at some of the threads. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

If you haven't already, please pop up to the New Members Introduction forum and give us a proper hello. Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+