History menu in Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by _omni_, Nov 16, 2007.

1. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Hi all, long time no see.

I have a problem with my Firefox, and was wondering if any of you might have any suggestions.

Basically the History menu doesn't work. It never displays any pages I've looked at, whereas it should display the 10 most recent pages. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, upgrading, nothing works. The history tab on the side works of course, but who wants that?

I am using the same version from the same install files on two computers, on one it works and on the other (my main one) it doesn't. I'm using Windows XP Pro. My History menu worked fine with the 1.5 or whatever that version was, but I really don't want to downgrade. The problem started from the first time I installed version 2.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Cheers

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  2. Pelham

Pelham New Member

I don't know if this helps but try uninstalling and re-installing in safe mode with networking. Its a long shot but when i recieve firefox updates the only way i can install them is in safe mode. Different problem i know but its worth a go.