Historic Floods in Nashville

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, May 4, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nashville and surrounding areas received more than 18 inches of rain over the weekend. Despite many lost homes and businesses and lives, we've been largely ignored by the national media and our President. If anyone wants to see what we've had to deal with the past few days in Nashville, check out this video... or do some searches on your own. For those of you who believe in God, please pray for the people of Nashville.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

It's awful Michael. I've been following it on the BBC. I hope that things get better for you all very soon. All the best.

3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Just like Bush ignored Katrina, you mean?

My thoughts are with you Mike - hope it passes soon, and you and yours don't get too badly affected by it.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. BosonMichael

We've had a string of bad Presidents, haven't we?

Our house is fine - we're up on a hill. Our church took on 6 inches of water, but nothing we can't handle... I helped squeegee up water yesterday.

Still, everything around is a mess... 10 feet of water in the Opryland Hotel, flooding in the Titans stadium, flooding in the Preds arena... cars littered everywhere...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yeah - you can pick 'em...

Just watching PTI, the floods that the Titans stadium have had look pretty tame compared to the ones some of the football stadiums in this country suffered in our floods in 2007 (which the whole world pretty much ignored)

Floods are pretty brutal - I know people who lost everything in 2007. Plenty of people now can't get insurance because of living in areas that got flooded back then.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. BosonMichael

They're estimating that this was a 500-year flood, so it shouldn't happen again for a loooong time. :)