1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High risk flame thread :D

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by morph, Apr 21, 2008.

1. morph

morph Byte Poster

ok - i've sort of got to the point where i need to ask someone - i got hold of two 2503 routers - didnt know the enable passwords so was trying to get them back to rommon mode so i could reinstall the IOS (got an up to date one) - when i try to break the boot sequence and go to rommon mode - i end up with this below.
    i may be doing somthing very very wrong - but thought i'd chance some help on here ;)
    i think if i get it to the rommon prompt, i'll be able to tftp the image across and go from there :)

Attached Files:

Certifications: Network +, ITIL Foundation, CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: server/ccna security
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Can you give us some more details such as name of routers? Also have they got a reset button. Can you access the router via web portal or do have some software.

Of course I might doing a Fergal1982 here and talking out of my Ass!:p:twisted:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

oi!:dry

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

have you seen This

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  5. morph

morph Byte Poster

well its a 2503 router - the release is really old - i'm consoled onto it - but having trouble getting a new IOS onto it - i'm wondering if the IOS thats on there - a 11.2 which is really old - if this is some weird rommon mode ? but i'd need someone who knows whats oign on to tell me :D

6. morph

morph Byte Poster

well i think i'm breaking into somthing ? is it old rommon or somthing? may try suggestions there though :D

7. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  8. morph

morph Byte Poster

so i got one of my routers working - but got a bit of a weird thing happening with the other one - when i boot it up i dont see it go through post nothing happens until i see Hit return to get started ?

not sure why i cant see any of the post ? and if i try control break, nothing happens in the time that its taking i think to run through post in the background - anyone come across this b4?