hiddin login time batch file

Discussion in 'Networks' started by mallet, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Whilst Mallet may be having some trouble making some of the finer points clear here, it should also be mentioned that clearly you (Mallet) are in some distress over this, and suggestions that we may make may not be very easy to put into action.

I think that out of a lot of the above suggestions tho, you should be able to come to the right decision here.

And as far as I'm concerned, finding out if the guy has the right to be doing this is the priority here.

I've always been wary about who I trust in any company I work in. I tend to stick by the addage "potential snake until proven otherwise" (OK, perhaps not a known addage, but you get the picture) :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Definitely.

I'll reiterate my advice of before: go and talk to your manager, but do it with a "You're worried about my timekeeping, let's talk about this and clear the air a bit" attitude, rather than a "That b*****d Mr X is monitoring my log in times, and giving me a hard time when I'm a few minutes late" attitude.
    The first one covers all scenarios, the second one will leave a fair bit of egg on your face if the manager has sanctioned this action.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. mallet

mallet Kilobyte Poster

Sorry about the very late response guys. been busy with family stuff and my fire-up website. And also prepping up with the fasting season.

We do however have a conclusion. One of the key peoples that I forgot to mention at my desk was another helpdesk guy who is also second command and looks after us. he plays a minor role in Managment but still reports to our senior managers if things go wrong at the helpdesk. this got me thinking. what if this person told one of my colleagues to keep an eye me. He doesnt sign my timesheet but I started off with random off topic subject. I later talked him about how everyone was doing in terms of quality of work. and later mentioned how I was doing. He said I was doing good but had one or more lateness. I told him, 'yeah, but some where off by a couple of mintues. its might be a bit bad but its not traumatic bad is it?' he replied, 'no its not but when upper management looks at it, its a good enough reason to sack you. as the IT budget has been bad and lost desktop staff over the last six month and need the money.'
    he was right there. I did recall, we did lose a helpdesk member for lame reasons from upper management that he left because he was late by some stupid minor minutes.
    apparently he was concern about my time keeping through the last months and just wanted to make sure I was on time. more importantly, avoiding losing my job. even though I was on time. The helpdesk attendance is pretty top notch and saw one or more slip ups on my side as a bad sign of things to come. thats why Mr X was monitoring me so I kept on tracked. One thing He didnt know was Mr X happy interrogation when I described to him were Over The Top and we all laughed it off :biggrin and would stop it but if it happens again the process would get sanctioned again.

In the end, they were just looking after me to avoid getting sculled from upper management which for once was reassuring.

-Mallet

Certifications: MCP
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Phew! Must be a relief to have it sorted. Good to know it was someone looking after you rather than trying to get you out the door.

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Great, so glad it is now not an issue Mallet.

Just goes to show that misunderstandings because of lack of proper communications, can create bad feelings among colleagues.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Which is exactly why I was advocating talking to the manager and clearing the air. Best to nip things in the bud asap.
    IME anyway.

7. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

glad its sorted.

Does seem strange that this guy wouldn't have taken you aside and had a quiet word first.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The answer is simple: stay logged in.

That'll be $1.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!