Hibernating problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Angus, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Angus

Angus Nibble Poster

I'm not sure this is the right forum, but I'll try here anyway. The problem I'm having is that when I am using battery power on my laptop, I dont get a warning before it shuts down because the battery is running low.

When I connect the charger and restart, I then get the warning to connect to the power outlet. Its very annoying :evil: .

I have enabled the sound and text warning under the power options, but only get the warning when I restart..

Has anyone had this problem before and whats the fix ?

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-FR315S running XP home.

Cheers
    Angus.

Certifications: A+ , MCP
  2. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Have alook under the power management settings > Alarms Tab, set the low battery alarm to 10% and the critical battery alarm to 3% then click 'Alarm Action' button for the low battery alarm and make sure that the check box 'When the alarm goes off, the computer will' is unchecked, then check the same button under critical battery alarm and check this box and select the Standby or hibernate option from the drop down menu, also check the 'Force stand by or shutdown even if a program stops responding' check box.

HTH

Let us know if it works

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  3. Angus

Angus Nibble Poster

Thats just what it was..I was mucking about with the settings the other day and checked the box that says to shutdown when the first alarm goes off..

Cheers Nelix

Angus

Certifications: A+ , MCP
  4. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Glad to be of service

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346