Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by ITdave, May 21, 2012.

1. ITdave

ITdave New Member

Hi CF ppl.

I've been providing I.T support as part of my role in my current job for the past 2 years and have now got a job as a technician which i start in about a months time. Have had an interest in I.T since my school days but only really decided i wanted it as a career about 2-3 years ago.

Last year i got my CCNA just out of interest really, but are now looking to get the 70-685 as it will be directly relevant to my new job. Would like to move on to servers after this but will have to see where they want me to go with my development.

Ive started on the 70-685 and are using the Wiley official academic course book, as well as cbt nuggets for my study.

look forward top picking all your brains and sharing any help i can.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 70-685
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and Welcome to CertForums!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  4. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF!

Have you taken 70-680 yet, or are you only interested in the specifics of 70-685?

I only ask as I have come across the situation previously where students did not realise that the 685 alone does not give you any specific MS certificate, it is added to your Microsoft Transcipt though, but only mentions having passed that specific exam.

Apologies for the question as soon as you've 'popped your head around the door' so to speak!

I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this informative forum community...

Last edited: May 21, 2012
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  5. ITdave

ITdave New Member

Hi,

its the specifics of the desktop support tech that i was after. At the moment its more benefitial to brush up on troubleshooting for me personally, however i will go back and do the 70-680 im sure.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 70-685
  6. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi,

yep, no problem. You obviously know what you're doing...
    I just like to point it out as it can be a little bit of a disappointment when you've put all that work in to pass but you don't receive any sort of Certification.

Good luck with the studies!

Last edited: May 21, 2012
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  7. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  8. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums ITdave. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  9. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Welcome!

10. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Welcome!
    Good luck with the 685. Study hard and ask questions if you need to. Personally I found that one tough - perhaps cos I was set it on a deadline and had to rush it. Passed it first time, but it was one of my narrower passes (mid 700s IIRC)

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?