hI

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by harps, Apr 5, 2005.

1. harps

harps New Member

:)
    Hello everyone ?

Can anyone give some tips in preparing for a School ICT technician
    interview?

I am not certain if The tech will be responsabile for one or several primary schools?

2. EMacd

EMacd Bit Poster

Hi harps,

I'm currently doing IT support in schools, but I work directly for the local council and not the schools themselves which is fine by me.
    The interview I had consisted of a simple technical test (get IP and MAC addys of a PC) and an interview with 3 senior engineers - mostly what have you done, what programs have you installed, etc.
    Nothing too involved, if you can back up what you say then you'll be OK.
    Make sure you're up to date on stuff like AV, spyware and filtering/blocking websites as that's the biggest problem at the moment in schools.
    The rest is general interview stuff. Oh yeah - make sure that you would come up clean in a criminal records check - if not, forget it.

If I think of anything else I let you know.

Good luck

Euan.

3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, harps. Welcome to CertForums. I can't help you with your query but it looks like you already have one answer. More will come. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

hi and welcome harps :)

Couple of the other Guys are in ICT in schools also - sure they'll be along shortly with some more input...

Enjoy CF :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi there harps.

I work in a school all be it a private school. I can't argue with the advice given it all seems up to date.

The only thing that hasn't been mentioned is wireless networking, which seems to be big in schools today.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum mate.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685