Hi

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by freefall, Apr 16, 2009.

1. freefall

freefall New Member

Hi everyone,

I am just about the start doing the CCNA by self-study and after reading some of the other threads thought that this would be a useful place to spend some time.

I passed my A+ and N+ last summer and the N+ made me think about the possibility of a career change. I am an IT teacher but my degree is Chemistry so I want to get some serious qualifications and also some real work experience in the field.

Anyway I am intent upon doing the CCNA and am also interested in Red Hat certs as I run Fedora 10 on my Desktop and also have set-up a LAMP platform running on Fedora, MySQL, PHP and Apache which is currently what I spend most of my time working on.

Looking forward to reading and contributing to this forum.

Cheers

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: CCNA
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

welcome:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF!

Best of luck with the CCNA. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  5. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Welcome to CF :biggrin

I agree with you 100% that you need a career change. You are far too qualified to be an IT Teacher. I've yet to come across an 'IT Teacher' with any sort of real technical knowledge. They certainly know their way around MS Office, but their abilities seem to end there. (I may just be unfortunate, but I'm basing this on about 14 different teachers)

Gav

6. freefall

freefall New Member

Thanks for the replies it's always good to feel welcome. Looking forward to contributing:)

Certifications: A+ N+
    WIP: CCNA
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security