hi

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by leosdelsol, Sep 18, 2007.

1. leosdelsol

leosdelsol Banned

does anyone no were in scotland or north england you can be put through A+? as i said previously im doing a hnc in computer networking and will be taking it through to a degree course in networking with some luck.but im thinking that it might also benefit me to branch out into hardware and software for a more techy side of things.so i was wanting to do a course that would teach me more hands on stuff aswell.can anyone suggest anything aswell as A+?
    cheers all leo

Certifications: HND Computer networking, 70-271
    WIP: A+
  2. dominoe

dominoe Nibble Poster

do you mean the testing centers them selves or just a tech colleg where you can study/learn A+ if so its cheaper and better to go the self study route just buy a copy of mike meyers all in one 6th edition and perhaps an old computer you dont mind pulling apart..

You can also find testing centers on ether VUEs site or Prometric

As for the cost A+ is still not cheap even if you go to a tech college I know one in sheffield charging over £1000 just for a 5 day A+, and like Ive said its very doable if you go self study

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MTA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

The MCDST is also a good entry level cert to do.

You can self-study for alot of the entry level certs (A+, N+ & MCDST) even if you do not have industry experience.

If you decide to do a course, shop around. While there are training providers/colleges that offer courses at high prices, there are others that do not, for example at our local college:

A+ & iPro combined: £584 (that includes the exams fees also)
    MCDST: £385 (that includes the exams fees and uses official MS books)
    Network+: £525 (includes exams fees)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Ossian

Ossian Bit Poster

Contact the eSkills Academy at Paisley Uni -- they run a lot of such courses across Scotland.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE/A, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP, Sec+
    WIP: Not sure....