Hi to you all

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by jezza, Jan 24, 2010.

1. jezza

jezza New Member

Hi my name is Jeremy and i have joined this forum looking for help and advice from you.
    I am 44 years old and computers have been my hobby since around 1995. I have studied the a+ certification and through my job (Bus Driver) my employer has offered me career development. I explained to my employer my love of computers and that i build computers for friends and local playgroups, and would like to work with computers on the support side. I have an interview with H.R next week and they are going to fund me for training.
    So my question to you is :- should i go the whole hog ie MCSE or do i go for MCDST or is there a better route? I must admit that the mcse is a daunting concept but i will deffinitley work hard to acheive my goal.
    Thanks
    Jezza

2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum 8)

Certs are meant to mirror your real world experience with a technology, so there is little point in going for the MCSE unless you have a year or so experience in administrating servers, using active directory across multiple sites.

You should be looking at entry level certifications, learn to walk and get a solid foundation of knowledge to build upon.

CompTIA A+ N+ (though these now expire in three years) may be worth looking into or Microsoft's MCDST.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. jezza

jezza New Member

thanks for the quick reply i think i will go for mcdst cheers

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You're most welcome :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Welcome Jeremy,
    Good luck with the MCDST. :study