Hi To everyone

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by shevavironx, Aug 28, 2006.

1. shevavironx

shevavironx Bit Poster

HI All,

Just to introduce myself briefly.

I am hoping to get certified to improve my job prospects, even though I already work for a major Global Investment bank as a team leader in IT support.

I am hoping to change my path to the more technical and enhance my CV at the same time. To this vain I have decided on the A+/Network plus and then on to my first MCP.

I have just bought the Mike Meyers All in one A+ so I hope that will be a good starting place, any opinions?

How much time should I take to pass the A+ if I am pretty good on hardware? Is it hard?

How much harder is the network plus bearing in mind I have previously studied the CCNA modules 1 and 2 and struggled at it to be honest.....thanks mainly to not having enough time in work to invest in the proper study.

Thx in advance..

Shevavironx:D

WIP: A+, Network+ and MCSE 2003
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome to CF :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. PAT

PAT Banned

welcome :D

4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Welcome to CF mate:biggrin

For help and advice on A+, have a look under the A+ Forum, there's load of stuff there!

As for books you will find the Mike meyers book all in one is highly recommended here!

As for study time, depends on the individual and how much you know on the subject. There is a thread on how long to A+ under the A+ forum. Some say it should be they quality not the quantity that gets the A+ certs.

3 months - 2 years seems to be the norm8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. shevavironx

shevavironx Bit Poster

Thx for the reply :D

6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day Shev and welcome to THE forum 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome to CF shevavironx!:biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  8. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

mate - if you feel that your good already at hardware then, thats an advantage, plus being in IT support, you'll already have knowledge in OS's aswell, so again thats another advantage, so hopefully you should be able to do this within a reasonable amount of time... BTW: do you know about the objective changes??

N+ - You have already studied CCNA mods 1&2, although you struggled due to not having much time, Network + is meant to be the foundation ofCCNA, so hopefully, again you should have some knowledgeable insight already, way before you even start of your N+.. A+ touches this breifly...

There is a little quiz at the beginning of the book (A+ MM AIO) which estimates how long it should take for you to complete the A+... Remember its an estimate...

9. shevavironx

shevavironx Bit Poster

Thx to everyone for the very positive and helpful replies especially from The CheekMaster.

:biggrin

Svx