Hi There!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Atiaran, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

Hi All,

I have been viewing the forums for some time now and thought I should actually submit that first post and join you all!

I find all the information provided on the forums extremely interesting and although I was not thinking of a career in IT am starting to change my mind.

I have a partner who is currently working his way through the Microsoft certifications and would like to find out as much as I can to better support him through his exams. It has actally provided me with more of an insight into the world of IT and confirmed it is not just switching things off and on again :twisted:

I hope to continue to expand my knowledge and perhaps look at taking that first step to move further into the world of IT in more than just a supporting capacity.

Look forward to reading more about it :biggrin

Atiaran

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCDST
  2. slim

slim Bit Poster

hey, welcome along!

WIP: compTIA A+N+&LINUX
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Atiaran

Atiaran Bit Poster

Thanks all :biggrin

I have just had a large book placed on my lap as my IT guru seems incredibly happy (and strangely very surprised) that I want to expand my knowledge of his world!:cracking

As I am sofa bound at the moment due to recent surgery on my foot I have plenty of time to read!! :inv

I am possibly looking to self study towards my MCDST and studying to take my 271 and 272 within the next few months. If I enjoy this and do well I think I will look at taking a first line support role as my "people" skills are well honed from my years as a Customer Relations Supervisor and Account Manager.

I'll let you know how it goes :eek:

Atiaran

Certifications: None
    WIP: MCDST