Hi there newbi here

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by kevin99kevin99, Sep 1, 2005.

1. kevin99kevin99

kevin99kevin99 New Member

Im 32 and last in the last few weeks of my CCNA just going through semster 4, and just about to go on the MCSA and could realy do with some craming tips for the ccna and help from any help with the MCSA.

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

hi kevin99kevin99 and welcome to CF!!

Sorry cant help you with CCNA but Trip will be along soon im sure and he will give you the best possible advice- all i can say i make sure you study more than the academy stuff...

Im about to start MCSA and you might want to look here and see if you have any specific questions and ill be glad to help :biggrin

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, kevin99kevin99 (is there an echo in here?). Welcome to CertForums. Ah, Cisco's netacademy. Brings back fond memories indeed. Sounds like you plan to take the CCNA exam right after finishing Semester 4. That's a popular route but I needed four more month's study before I actually tackled the exam.

No reflection on you or the Cisco netacad, but I needed extra time to really nail everything down. I borrowed the CCNA study guide by Wendell Odom and poured over it and practiced on router sims until I felt I knew it backwards and forwards. Must have worked because I passed. I also used the Sybex books just because I like to have at least two differnet sources when I study.

Hope some of that helps. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Hi from me kevin! As zimbo says, the CCNA Veterens will be along shortly to provide the best tips in the cert-world! (I'll be taking note too!)

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi from me too, Kevin :)

btw, if your username is duplicated by accident, drop me a PM and I'll sort it out. If not, then no probs.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

hi there m8 and welcome to the forums :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+