Hi there a few questions

Discussion in 'A+' started by Big.O.UK, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Big.O.UK

Big.O.UK Bit Poster

just managed to get a few old PCs to setup my home lab for the A+

2xPII 1xPIII

about to order the Mike Myers A+ all in one book of amazon however i heard that there is a new edition out this September would you think its better waiting for the new edition or does the current 5th edition still useful for the exam objectives 2003
    because if my information is correct they aren't changing the objectives until march 2007?

would you also recommend purchasing a few lab books as well i currently have the sybex A+ lab book would this be sufficient or would i need to buy a few new ones?

Certifications: BSc SDA,HND SWENG
  2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I would recommend the lab books they are like hands on experience of PC technician. Also I would not get the all in one if the new edition is coming out in september instead get the Passport A+ edition also by mike meyers it is more upto date than the all in one and has a learnkey practice exam CD rom as well as 200 practice questions on A+ exam!

Good Luck mate:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Big.O.UK

Big.O.UK Bit Poster

hi

i read over here the A+ Passport is a cut down version of the All in one book and is only useful as an exam cram i don't know i mite be wrong

Certifications: BSc SDA,HND SWENG
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

if you know your A+ already, and just need to cram up on it, the Passport will be the best one, if not then you will definately need the All in One. If you buy both from Amazon you will get a discount, plus it works better together...

You can wait for the new objectives if you think you wont be able to pass before the upgrades next April, if you sure you can pass before then, then why wait, get the current version...

5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

yes, that is correct. As i bought both, i would say just get the All in one.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+