HI Peeps

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Lewy, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Lewy

Lewy New Member

Hi all

just a wee introduction post to say Hi to all on the boards been reading for a bit now and decided to join in

I passed my CCNA last november but since then I havent really done anything to do with cisco gear at all and really want to get into it as a career

I am looking for some info or a point in the right direction to brush up on my skills so i dont end up (if i do that is!) getting an interview and looking like a right ass when they ask me a question or something lol

anyway enough of me blabbing on

Lewy

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Welcome to Cert Forums :D

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. Lewy

Lewy New Member

Thanks for the welcome peeps

I passed the CCNA last year but i must confess it was 1 of those 3 week instructor led courses on the live equipment but since I havent done anything to do with cisco been doing a few networks locally for a couple of small companys which all run microsoft server and xp machines

The CCNA course was part of my medical retirement from the Ministry of Defence to try get into another career so to speak

I dont want any1 to think i am full of it or anything I have the qualification but tbh i am in need of complete retraining

Lewy

5. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ah well thanks for being honest Lewy. I suppose you can appreciate 1st hand now why we advise people to work with the kit before trying for the CCNA, cos if you don't you soon start to forget some of it. Obviously you are in a different boat having left the military. Volunteer work will help get you back into the swing of things mate. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. Lewy

Lewy New Member

thanks Jim appreciated m8

:)

7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum Lewy :)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security